Converting PST to EML
One of the extra features of Recovery Toolbox for Outlook (download) is the ability to convert *.pst files to a number of *.eml files. Recovery Toolbox for Outlook can export all messages stored in a Microsoft Outlook *.pst file of any version into separate *.eml files (one message – one file).
- Recovery Toolbox for Outlook do not support a recovering of contact groups yet.
Software compatible and recovery data from PST files of Outlook 97-2016
In order to export PST to EML, you need to do the following:
- Launch Recovery Toolbox for Outlook, select the source .pst file on the first page
- Select the “Converter mode” on the second page
- Select the messages/folders that you want to convert to *.eml
- Select a folder on the disk where the converted files will be saved to
- Select the “Save data separately” mode
- Select .eml as the type of output files and click the Save button
- .eml files are a common standard for storing and sending RFS 822 messages.
- one .eml file cannot contain more than 1 email message.
- Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10 or Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 and above
- Microsoft Outlook 2000/2002/2003/2007/2010/2013 and above (exclude: Outlook from Office 365, Outlook for iOS, Outlook for MacOS)
Additional information, sources and resources for a PST files repairing
- Changes in file format PST: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830336/en
- Microsoft Outlook on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Outlook
- Official website of Outlook: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/
- Microsoft Office Outlook Team Blog: http://blogs.office.com/b/microsoft-outlook/
- Outlook Developer Portal: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/aa905455.aspx